Overview of Genopolis Services
The following services are currently available:
Whole-Genome Gene-Expression Analysis --Simultaneous measurement of the differential expression of gene levels over time, tissue or disease states
- 3 '-Whole-Genome Gene-Expression Profiling (Affymetrix and Illumina technology)
- Whole Transcript, Whole-Genome Gene-Expression Profiling (Affymetrix technology)--The latest product in the family of Affymetrix expression arrays. Probes are spread across the full length of the gene, providing a more complete and more accurate picture of gene expression than based expression array designs.
- Discovery of new and improved molecular diagnostics
- Identification of new molecular targets for therapy
- Finding and clarifying biological pathways
Whole Genome Alternative Splicing Analysis --Multiple probes per exon enable "exon-level" analysis and allow you to distinguish between different isoforms of a gene. This exon-level analysis on a whole-genome scale opens the door to detecting specific alterations in exon usage that may play a central role in disease mechanism and etiology.
- Diseases associated with abnormal splicing, such as: cancer, neurological diseases, and immunological disorders
- Alternative splicing can affect efficacy and safety of drug therapies:
- Drugs can target specific splice variants
- Drugs can be metabolized differently
Bioinformatics--Genopolis established a bioinformatics core team that ensures state of the art microarray data analysis. An automated microarray data analysis (AMDA) pipeline provides relevant information and the graphical representations necessary for a meaningful interpretation of the results. Differentially expressed genes are selected according to their significance level and clustered into groups of genes with similar expression profiles across the samples
Real time Q-PCR (Applied Biosystems technology)
- Absolute quantification--Copy number (Requires a standard)
- Relative quantification--Comparison between two samples
- Qualitative or Allelic Discrimination (Presence or absence of known sequence)--Viral subtyping or Genotyping
The core uses a Nanodrop spectrophotometer and Agilent Bioanalyzer for accurate quantification and assessment of RNA integrity.
Whole Genome SNPs Genotyping (Affymetrix technology)--This allows the detection of genetic variation among individuals.
- chromosomal copy number analysis
- family based association studies
- cancer genetics
- population genetics