Genopolis is as a public, non-profit consortium of three scientific public institutions aimed to develop, integrate and disseminate Functional Genomics.
Genopolis hosts a microarray platform that uses the Illumina® and Affymetrix GeneChip® microarray technology for genome and transcriptome analyses.
The following services are currently available:
Whole-genome genotyping applications, which include:
1. family-based association studies
2. cancer genetics
3. population genetics
4. chromosomal copy number analysis
Whole-genome gene-expression profiling applications:
1. discovery of new and improved molecular diagnostics
2. identification of new molecular targets for therapy
3. find and clarify biological pathways
Bioinformatics: to create an integrated approach to functional genomics. Genopolis established a bioinformatics core team that ensures state of the art microarray data analysis.